In the Bag
Posted by Martha
With a whopping four successful road trips under my belt, I feel like I’ve achieved a higher rank from these armed forces of motherhood. Activity bags are now my number one weapon against bored, seat-kicking, sister-hitting, whiny children. And they look positively cute! The best one by far was last summer’s trip to the grandparents. The long stretches of highway have resulted in a lengthy list of things no mommy soldier should be without.
At ease, moms.
Here are a few ideas for items to include in your Travel Activity Bag:
• Bubbles (with a reminder to blow them out the window)
• Ring Pops or [...]
Posted by Erin
In honor of my little sister, who is about to have her first child, I thought I would put together a Top 10 List: Things I Wish I Had Known.
10. Buy a good washer/dryer. The amount of laundry that one infant dirties violates every law of physics and matter…it multiplies exponentially.
9. Don’t tiptoe or whisper around the baby, even when she’s sleeping. Infants can sleep (ha!) through anything, and if you start off with a silent house, you will end up watching reality t.v. with headphones on because your toddler can only sleep when it’s “library quiet.”
8. Be specific when people ask how they can help. Take advantage of the offer to do a load of laundry, or prepare a meal.
7. Shower, every day. Just do it. You’ll feel better.
6. Plan for the unexpected, and roll with it. Even if your birth plan includes using hypnosis and a birthing ball [...]